Visual Studio Coda live server wont work

After trying and checking ALL options, default settings, even if VSC was updating to live for chrome it stopped,
tried everything… its not going live without manual refresh
help would be preciated…
I checked JSON too…
Thx

Do you mean live server VS code extension?

I am not using it, so no idea how to fix this stuff

If you need an alternative:
I am using node.js. It is easy to install it, and it is easy to run live-server with it. Plenty of tutorials online are out there.

It does run -you can open it in the browser- but it doesn’t refresh ?

yes,
it is live server extension in VSC,
not working, after checking all setting are ok.

1 Like

You are right. The problem is that it is expecting a solid markup. Try opening this in a the live server:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
    <title>Document</title>
    </head>
<body>
<p>hello</p>
</body>
</html>

You get that header from VSCode itself when typing html:5 + tab

If you tinker enough maybe just the html tag is necessary or just part of the meta tags. Not all the boiler plate.

nope
no luck yet…
I switched custom browser from chrome to firefox and back again, not working, but it was…
what I’m missing?

Uhmm it becomes difficult to guess if it is not an obvious reason. Either wait for other answers or try reinstalling then, which is not optimal but very simple and quick.

I did re-installed whole VSC
Still no live updating

How long do you have this issue? I remember my VS code updated itself couple of days ago.
Maybe issue is new-version-related?

try…

it appeared yesterday , re installed today 06 Sep

Maybe this actually means it is the live server configuration, as you reinstalled VS code but probably the configuration folder was left in the PC.

Can you include a screenshot that shows

• your vscode instance opened in the right folder, with the live server on,
  • and one screenshot of your webpage in the browser, showing the url bar as well.

Sorry that you are having troubles. That would be my approach but no guarantee this will be solved.

I’d suggest using Live Preview. It is also maintained by Microsoft.

Thanks for suggestions
I do have preview when refreshed/clicked, but it doesnt do automatically after delay thats set up in settings.

I found another source: Live Server (Five Server) working correctly…
Thanks for support…

Just an FYI. Live Preview has both Live Refreshing and Hot Reload. It should refresh the preview when you make any changes to files or (depending on the setting) on file save.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.