Want to continue to next step

I am stuck on this code.
Your h2 element should be below the main element’s opening tag and its opening tag should start 6 spaces over from the start of the line.

**Your code so far**

<html>
<body>
  <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>

<main>

<h2>Cat Photos</h2>

<!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->

<p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>

</main>

</main>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.67 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 6

Link to the challenge:

Hihi! I’m confused, the step you linked says that it needs to be indented two spaces (which you do for nested items) like:

<body>
    <h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
    <main>
      <h2>Cat Photos</h2>
      <!-- TODO ....
      <p>.....

Does that make sense?

EDIT: read the error message and now i understand where you got the message haha

but yeah, it wants you to add spaces to the things under main so that you can indent them

Hi!
When the lesson tells you to indent, it means moving the code to the right by pressing the space bar twice, not moving it down a line.

<h1>Title</h1>
<main>
  <h2>I am indented two spaces</h2>
  <p>I am indented two spaces too.</p>

Hope this helps!

Thanks . I tried that.

CatPhotoApp

<main>  

<h2>Cat Photos</h2>

<!-- TODO: Add link to cat photos -->

<p>Click here to view more cat photos.</p>

</main>

the hint I get is

Hint

Your h2 element should be below the main element’s opening tag and its opening tag should start 6 spaces over from the start of the line.

Have you backspaced those elements as far left as they’ll go and then hit the space bar 6 times?

OK, tested a bit… it seems the test doesn’t like empty lines between the <main> and the <h2>

<main>
  <h2>

passes, while:

<main>

<h2>

Fails… probably a too stringent testing requirement. You were initially failing because of the indent, but you need to remove all the empty lines you put between main and h2

I tried as advised it keeps failing is the a way I can skip this and move to the next step.

You have to make sure the h2, the comment and p are exactly six spaces from the start of the line.

I would recommend you to click Restart Step and add two spaces for the h2, comment and the p OR select the h2, comment and p and press the tab key once.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.