What are you listening to? (when coding)

Cognition Enhancer Extended Version For Studying - Isochronic Tones, Electronic Brainwave entrainment to a 10- 20 Mhz Alpha/ beta wave to keep u focused sharp & alert https://youtu.be/nnaaxaAOlPk and meditate 3 times a day with a 12 min entrainment Mp3 Zen 12 Level 1

Whoa! This is great. I was completely unfamiliar with this genre of music before your post. I could definitely hack away on some JavaScript while listening to this!

Do you have recommendations for artists in this genre that I should check out?

If you mean electro swing I don’t have any favorites djs I follow. I usually look by keywords.

Car-man and East17 -)))

Hi, Everyone,

When I am coding I am listening to soundtracks of movies, for example Avatar, soundtracks of games, for example Skyrim and also Hans Zimmer soundtracks, those are great!

Happy coding!

1 Like

Lately the only music that doesn’t distract me while coding or learning is Jazz.

Usually Bill Evans or Eric Dolphy

I go through a lot of different phases. I guess it kind of depends what I am coding. I listen to chiptunes, video game music, chill, dance… Lately, I have been listening to a lot of Korean pop music. I absolutely love it. This is the song that transformed me into a kpop believer.

The dancing is what gets me hyped! Besides music, I listen to podcasts to help me learn more about code. The Big Web Show, Javascript Jabber, and Stuff You Should Know are my big 3. Stuff You Should Know is not necessarily code related, but it has some really neat topics! I highly recommend it!

3 Likes

I’ve played the XBOX video game series Halo for MANY many hours, and I find that the music score from the games is the perfect coding music for me. I think I am so familiar with it from it constantly playing during game-play that it has become totally non-distracting, and I like the up tempo characteristics to get me in the working mood.

I like to listen to foo fighters, red hot chili peppers, arctic monkeys, some muse songs and upbeat k-rock songs. I like to feel upbeat when I’m coding. I feel like I’m more productive, I concentrate better and I’m in my own little world. XD

The Knife, Fever Ray, Star Wars OST, Metallica, or any Suicide Sheep YouTube mix :wink:

Thats a great list! I’m gonna put The Cure on. I might even get some coding done!

Take your pick and enjoy…

http://somafm.com/listen/

1 Like

was just listening to ALICE IN CHAINS-YOUR DECISION
i like metal/hard rock(any metal thrash,heavy,death,glam,power,doom,alternative,industrail,metalcore,sludge,a bit of black)
but i dont usually listen to music while coding

Do You Like Speed Metal?

or Dillinger Escape Plan
or Darkest Hour
or Old School Metal

I also listen to Vinyl.

oh or to this

1 Like

That’s funny. It’s music for nerds?
I made several playlists but this chill out one is usually playing when coding.

I also listen to di.fm

1 Like

Video game music usually. It’s designed to be good, but not pull focus. I like a lot of the Nintendo stuff, especially Donkey Kong. This guy on Youtube (and I imagine many others) makes like 3 hours long playlists

i like heavy metal i listen to almost all kinds of metal,hard rock and even a bit of punk rock these days
hahahah that do u like speed metal
i c its in some tv program that is fun to see but lol that didnt sound much like speed metal
at first i thought it was that retarded distrubed band

Programming Playlist has been pretty good.

Nothing. I really need silence to focus.