What keyboard shortcuts do you find saving you a lot of time? could be in general or in your text editor/browser.
Obviously Ctrl+c & Ctrl+v & Ctrl+z
I also use Win + x -> u -> u to quickly shutdown my pc.
Aside from the basic copy/paste/undo ones some of my favorites are:
- Alt+Tab to switch between windows (cmd + Tab on mac)
- Ctrl + Shift + I to inspect a page/open Chrome dev tools (cmd + shift+ c on mac)
- Holding down alt while on a line of code to move it around (Works in FCC challenges and VScode)
- Alt + Shift+arrow down to duplicate a line of code (Works in FCC challenges and VScode)
- In VSCode, with the extension ES7 React Snippet library typing “rcc” to create a basic component
This is a really good tip. I’ve seen other people do this and was curious how to do this. Thanks for sharing!
I use VSCode so these shortcuts apply to it, but these are also more or less exactly the same in Atom too.
Ctrl + c (copy)
Ctrl + v (paste)
Ctrl +f (find)
Ctrl + Shift + f (find anywhere)
Ctrl + p (find file)
Ctrl + Shift + p (open command menu)
Ctrl + ~ (open terminal)
Ctrl + \ (split vertically)
And for chrome:
Ctrl + t (new tab)
Ctrl + l [lower case L] (focus on URL bar, great for quick searching)
Ctrl + Shift + n (new incognito window, great for debugging from a “clean slate”)
Ctrl + Tab (next tab)
Ctrl + Shift + Tab (previous tab)
Ctrl + Shift + j ( open devtools)
Hope someone learns something useful