What's the deal with Vue?

So I’ve been learning a lot this past few months and I feel comfortable with JavaScript as well as other programming languages and I’ve decided to try out some JS frameworks to see which one I like the most.

I started with React (which I enjoyed) and then I read about Vue, which people were saying it was easier, simpler, blah, blah, blah. Tried it, but I just don’t see it, for me it seems more complicated, or maybe React used to be harder and now is simpler… Any thoughts? Do you like Vue? What exactly does it bring that React doesn’t? How is it simpler?

This is a very dangerous question.
The kind f question that will have many developers taking the pitchforks and lighting the torches to defend their favourite framework.

Before this happens please note that Vue has a page where they do a great job in try to highlight the main differences to other frameworks and try to be the less bias as possible:

I use professionally both, and the most wholesome reply I can give is:
they are more similar that what they are different.
Many solutions and paradigm of one can be used in the other.

As far as for newcomers (so to an extent this as far as this forum is concerned, since its main target is people learning to code) probably why you’ve heard so much about Vue is because:

React is renowned for its steep learning curve. Before you can really get started, you need to know about JSX and probably ES2015+, since many examples use React’s class syntax. You also have to learn about build systems,

If you are already familiar with those, then there’s no real “deal” with it. You can learn one or the other

So my opinion is:
have you tried both and you like one more?

go for it!
At the end of the day they are just tools.
Use whatever.
Make something beautiful :sparkle:

(p.s. I do have a favourite between the two)

1 Like