Where should I start?

I am going to go the self taught route of learning programming / coding. I am hoping to get into the Software, or Web development. Looking for basic advice of where to start how to network and how to be seen once I have the skills. I am currently learning python I have been told its the best for beginners to learn because it is fairly easy to learn. Thanks for any advice given!

The creator of free code camp has a free book where he talks about where to start. Unsurprisingly, he recommends starting with HTML, CSS → JS ->backend → whatever is next in the curriculum. Beyond that he also recommends going to hackerspaces and other places/competitions where programmers meet up so that you get some real-world experience.

If you want fewer bugs in your code, practice some with Rust. It is like that super demanding teacher you had in high school or college. You want them to shove it; however, what they’re pushing you to learn is helpful in the long run even if they are teaching it irritatingly.

Here is the book link: How to Learn to Code & Get a Developer Job [Full Book]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.