Why aren't they cooperating?

Why aren’t my spans stacking properly?

@codeofdreams, use the built in codepen validators. Click on the down arrow in each section and then click the respective “analyze” link.

1 Like

Well that was a bit embarrassing, lol. Just cus I spelt the word “position” wrong, lol. Thank you! @Roma

Just remember to use the tools that are provided for you. If something’s not working the way you expect there are tools to use first to ensure it’s not user error.

1 Like

I really suggest switching the Syntax Highlighting on Codepen, it can help catch errors.

Go to your Codepen profile settings (not the setting for the pen, but for your profile). Switch the Syntax Highlighting to Oceanic Dark and save the setting. Go back to the pen and make sure your new setting is working, the code highlighting will be using different colors. Errors should be marked in red now.

2 Likes

You’re very right @Roma Yeah, I also have other tools like my brain and common sense…I forget to use those too.

@lasjorg thank you!

Ah, I see it! But the blurry grey is a bit uncomfortable on my eyes. Is there another color that would also work?

Not sure, I haven’t tried all the themes, I just know the one I mentioned makes it really easy to spot the errors. Play around with them and see.

1 Like

Okay, thank you very much!