Wikipedia Viewer - 2nd Posting

I posted my Wikipedia Viewer here once before, but have since gone back and made some major changes (mainly adding in animations). Here is the finished product. Any feedback/critiques would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what you were working on with this update buuuut -

Good news!

  • The API calls work, I think that’s the most difficult part!
  • The effects on the search bar are fun and smooth, yay!
  • And the color scheme works well (for me at least, the aqua might be too strong for some people).

Improvements that could be made in design and function

  • Font size needs to be larger. (Start with a default size, then use percentage-based sizes)
  • The hover effect on the search results works great when the mouse is in the middle of the div, but if I hover over the half circle on the right side of the screen, the effect will go schizophrenic.
  • Increasing the margins by just a small amount would be a good idea.
  • The “search” buttons doesn’t line up smoothly with the search box.

All minor tweaks and adjustments. Overall great project

Thanks for the feedback; especially the critiques!

I’m working to make those minor tweaks now. I’ve enlarged the font and the margins. I’ve made a slight change to the search button’s code to hopefully help prevent any alignment issues, however, I have noticed an issue where animate.css is increasing the top margin of the search button by 1px after its animation is finished when the page is in full screen mode. I’m not sure if this is the exact alignment issue you were seeing, but I’m hoping I can figure out a solution to that problem (as I’d hate to scrap that animation).

I didn’t notice the search result hover issue before, but, yeah, that definitely needs fixing/changing. It goes into full seizure mode. XD

As far as the color scheme, yeah, some people probably won’t like it, but I decided to go with loud colors for this one. I usually stick with more pastel blues and greys, but I decided to get out of my comfort zone for this project. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhoo, I’ll post again once I’ve made the necessary changes. Thanks again for the feedback!

In case anyone reading this thread is curious, I’ve finished making the necessary tweaks to this page. I think it came out quite nice.