// Your code below this line

var result =;

// Your code above this line
  return result;
}

// Change the words here to test your function
wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/word-blanks

I think a lot of people have trouble understanding this one because no one does Madlibs anymore. Madlibs is a children’s game. One person has a story with important words left blank. That person asks the other person/people “OK, give me an adjective” and he/she fills that word into the story. They do this for several words and then after all the blanks are filled in, the person reads back the new story which is often nonsensical and funny.

For this program, you are supposed to create the story and the words to be inserted will be sent to your function. For example, a simpler version might be:

function wordBlank(myNoun) {
  var result = "The " + myNoun + " went to the moon.";
  return result;
}

I just made up the “went to the moon” part. Whatever the function sends, will be added to it. That’s what you need to do - create a function that makes a sentence out of the parts of speech that it is sent. What the sentence is is entirely up to you. All that is required (I think) is that there is at least a space between each variable in the final string.