Academic Dishonesty - not so sure

I have been on FreeCodeCamp for quite some time and only about a few weeks ago figured out that you can actually claim certifications. The problem is, that with most of the projects I looked in different forums and other sources for advice and code-snippets and I cannot really remember how much I did that with the different projects that I already did a while ago.

I have therefore decided not to claim the certificates as I do not want to be labelled as dishonest and most of all do not want to be dishonest.

But how strict is the policy? I never copied a whole project I always did them myself and searched for solutions even though some code snippets and inspirations have always come from different sources?

1 Like

Getting help is definitely allowed.

Hello,

Adding to this discussion, I also would like to ask if we are allowed to use resources when we are doing the projects. What I mean by resources in this case is like W3schools, such as looking up a certain attribute or element if we forget.

Edit: What I’m trying to say here is that do the projects act like a test or are they “open book” (such as the example above of using resources like W3schools)?

Thank you in advance,
bryan123bg

Of course! Learning how to find and use resources is a very important skill.

Oo okay then. Thank you for the edit: quick response ArielLeslie :smiley: