Any critical thoughts on my portfolio?

Hi there - loved the latest FCC challenge. It’s been a fun and challenging project and I’m finally happy with the end product.

Here’s the link - https://codepen.io/DafyddLlyr/pen/YpKbJb

If you have any feedback it would be most welcome. I would be happy to offer any help I can if you have a question about how I managed to code a certain part of the site.

There are a few things I would like to improve or polish in the future -

• I’m not 100% happy with how the “skills” buttons look

• I wasn’t able to make the navigational tabs to change to individual colours for different sections, just one “active” colour. Research showed that I needed javascript or jquery to manage this and it’s a little beyond me at this point. I’ll revisit this.

• The form doesn’t actually email me yet - I felt that this was unnecessary at this stage. Same goes for the Facebook page link.

All feedback welcome - now onto the next few lesson…!

Love the Bill Gates testimonial. He seems to like you a lot.

Well, I don’t like the skills buttons either. Why are they buttons in the first place? Maybe that’s where you went wrong. Because I don’t see the point of being able to click them.

Other than that, looks good. Responsive. And you even have comments in your html and css… you damn tryhard :loop:

Hi!

I give you an advice with the skill buttons, use hover effect. Like this:
.skills:hover { border-radius: 10px; border: 2px solid #cccccc; background: #fff; padding: 4px 11px; }

Shorten the code, if it is possible. It will be nice, and good reading. :wink:

Thanks for the feedback.

Well my original reason to make them buttons was to link to something, maybe a project showcasing the skill or in future some more info about how much I know or something. I styled them and kept them as is - I never really came up with a better solution to make them stand out. Bullet points seemed too boring… I’ll come up with something!

Bill Gates and me go way good, nice guy! :wink:

Cheers for getting back to me - added the hover effect and I like it! Still something I will look to improve in the future though.

Thanks for the feedback.

The hover effect (plus the pointer cursor) can be misleading, since it implies that those items are clickable.