Any latest React Tutorials out there (paid or free)

Hi,

I am a member of egghead.io right now but they seem to have outdated content , its not running in my browser … for eg in this series - https://egghead.io/courses/start-learning-react

when i try and add props - in index.js like below

import React from 'react';
import ReactDOM from 'react-dom';
import App from './App';
//import registerServiceWorker from './registerServiceWorker';

ReactDOM.render(
<App txt = "Hello FreeCodeCamp"/>,
document.getElementById('root'));

and add here - App.js

//const App = () => <h1> Hii </h1>
class App extends React.Component {
    render(){
        let txt = this.props.txt;
        return <div>
             <h1>{txt}</h1> <b> Bold </b>
            </div>
        //return React.createElement('h1',null, 'hello eggheds')
    }
}

export default App

Also this is not working

import App from './App';

ReactDOM.render(
  <App txt="this is the prop text" />
  document.getElementById('root');
);

then add here -

render(){
    return <h1>{this.props.txt}</h1>
  }
}
export default App

Its not working and not showing any updated values , can any one please point to a latest version where i can learn reactjs , native,m redux … Thanks

Amit

I have heard really good things about the course Wes Bos has released: Its in the sale now actually.

I might be tempted to go with that one myself as actually I have followed his course on Flexbox and it is really good.

There are various courses on Udemy as well.

1 Like

thanks for the info i will have a look at it any views of this course - https://tylermcginnis.com/ @JABedford

Not sure on that one… Looks interesting though. Currently I am just at the start of working through the Udacity Nanodegree and this covers React however I am not sure how much detail it goes into so I will be checking this thread also.

I also have purchased Colt Steeles “Advanced Web Dev Bootcamp”. This covers React as well as a range of other topics that that could be worth a look? Not actually started the course however.

1 Like

Hello @JABedford , thank you so much for your time, i have gone through the Javascript and dom and other stuff on udemy, eggehad and frontendmasters, i need to be ready with react native by mid of next month, so i need a course that is not too shallow but also not so advanced that it will take months …

I need to be in a position to contribute to a project in 45 days time, hence i am a bit confused as to what course to choose …

Oh and redux too , data connectivity as well

Amit

There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with your code (bar some spacing in the first example txt = " should be txt=. In what way isn’t it working? That’s how you write React code, it’s not out of date

@DanCouper - this is my code for App.js

render(){
    }
  }

App.propTypes = {
    txt: React.PropTypes.string,
    cat: React.PropTypes.number
  }

export default App

My index.js code -

import App from './App';

ReactDOM.render(<App txt="this is the prop text" />,document.getElementById('root')
);

Buy i always get this error -
TypeError: __WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_0_react___default.a.PropTypes is undefined

This is same as they say, i tried for one hour not working , kindly guide …Thanks

Amit

You need to import prop types

@DanCouper - how can i do that , the course instructor is not mentioning any thing abt it … thanks

I added - import { PropTypes } from ‘react’; still same error

Ah, you are right in terms of out of date (slightly), it used to be included in React but they moved to a separate package. You can either

1. just not do any typechecking and ignore those bits.
  2. Or you install prop-types, then you can import PropTypes from 'prop-types'; everything else will be the same

Prop types aren’t necessary, they’re just a way of type checking everything, they’re a useful thing but just ignoring those bits and not including prop types code should be totally fine

@DanCouper - thanks - this is my code after install , i get same error -

import PropTypes from 'prop-types';
    render(){
    }
  }

App.PropTypes = {
    txt: React.PropTypes.string,
    cat: React.PropTypes.number
  }

export default App

Amit

I can’t personally speak to the quality of these courses as I haven’t done either of them yet, but they’re going to be the best deals by far because they’re on Udemy, which has regular $10 sales (and once you buy a course on Udemy, you basically get free lifetime updates). And the instructors for the respective courses update them regularly, so they’ll never be too out-of-date. Why bother paying for a Wes Bos course, or a Tyler McGinnis course, when you can get a Udemy course for $10 flat and never pay another dime? And if the Udemy reviews are anything to go by, they both seem to be pretty great courses too.

1 Like

You’re not using React.PropTypes, just PropTypes, so it should be -

App.PropTypes = {
    txt: PropTypes.string,
    cat: PropTypes.number
  }

https://codesandbox.io/s/986589knvy

1 Like

@DanCouper - thank you so much , for some one learning first time i did not know this thing, i guess even paid courses are not so good these days , they just skip so many things …