Any solution to duplicate account problem?

I just switched from my windows browser to my linux browser. I logged in to freecodecamp curriculum as usual but this time I lost all my progress. This hasn’t happened before, I signed out and then logged back in to no avail. Anyone able to tackle this problem?

are you sure you have logged in with the same email address? freecodecamp recognise the accounts with that so you can log in with any method as long as you use the same email address

Yes, because for logging into forums, I didn’t use login from curriculum option since I was cautious that the same might happen when logging into foums, and instead clicked forgot password, and the password reset mail came to the same email address.

have you tried with the steps here?

Yes, I did to no avail.

what method where you using to log in? GitHub, Facebook, Google , email… ?

I have logging in through email.

I have no idea, I’m sorry :woman_shrugging:

If you signed in with identical email each time, you must have accidentally created a duplicate account. I’d email help@freecodecamp.org and see if they can sort this out.

1 Like

Unfortunately, help@freecodecamp.org doesn’t exist. I got this error :

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<help@freecodecamp.org>:
550: 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
5.1.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser g10si3341892pji.150 - gsmtp

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

:slightly_frowning_face:

If you are unable to log in or keep getting “we cannot reach the server…” it may be that you have a duplicated account. To solve this issue you will need to write to support@freecodecamp.org.

You can read more about the issue here

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.