Anyone have experience with LaunchCode?

Does anyone have experiencing getting an apprenticeship with LaunchCode? I feel like the only way I can keep moving forward is to learn by doing, and unfortunately, my day job does not allow any room for learning coding or expanding my skills by putting them to practice. The closest thing I have to coding in my current job is using PowerShell for Exchange administration (we’re in the middle of moving all mailboxes to Office 365 and I’m managing the project, which means that I do A LOT in PowerShell). I’m so busy at work that I’m burned out during the evenings and then don’t have too much time to dedicate to coding work on the weekends, so I feel like I’m falling behind and would like to shift my focus to coding full-time. I can’t simply quit my job - the financial impact would be too great. I really like the idea of an apprenticeship, though the pay would be significantly lower than what I make now and I am concerned about the lack of insurance or the cost of whatever insurance they make available. I am in the middle of the intermediate front-end development projects right now, and I’m moving slowly, because I feel like FCC has not provided enough information for me to be confident in completing them and I have to view tutorial videos to learn more.

If any of you have experience with LaunchCode or similar organizations, I’d love to hear about your experiences. Thanks!

It seemed like a really attractive opportunity while I was looking into it a few years ago, but then I found out they only have positions in a few specific cities. If you’re in one of those cities, go for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like