At what point can i create a full website?

At what point during the FCC curriculum can i create a full website, even a very simple one? assuming im only using FCC, is it after all certificates are done or at what point?

It depends on what you mean by “website”.

You could build a web site after the first certificate. It wouldn’t be very interesting, but you could do it. The projects you do, if you extract the code out of codpen and put them in the right file structure, if you hosted them somewhere, would be a working web site, if not very interesting. A web site can be just HTML and CSS, but it’s just not very interesting.

After the second certificate, you could add some JavaScript and get things more dynamic and use AJAX to get data. Things are getting more interesting. Depending on your needs, that might be a good web site.

The libraries and data visualization certificates deal with things that will make your site more interesting.

So far, everything we have been doing has been running in the clients browser. For many modern, powerful web sites, you also need to do some computing on the server, the back end. The certificate Apis And Microservices Certification teaches you how to do that.

Finishing all the certificates, you won’t be an expert, but you’ll have some solid skills and a basic idea of how to get things done.

2 Likes

That’s what i was meant. Thank you.

You can create static webpages with only HTML and CSS, you can even create websites with these tools but it would depend of the content really, for certain things you will need JS.

Even though CSS is getting really powerful and there’s a lot of things you can do w/o the need of JS, I’d say it’s pretty unlikely that you can build a fully functional webpage or website without using Javascript at least.

Here’s an example of a webpage using only HTML and CSS:
https://gilbert1391.github.io/Natours/

But as you can see, it’s not completely functional.

2 Likes