Backend Roadmap

Hi developers and everyone. I am trying to learn new backend technologies and frameworks such as node, express and mongoDb, however I don’t know where to start and which framework to begin with. I was asking if someone could point out a direction or on what to study first.
Current progress i’ve done React, javascript, html, css, tailwindcss, php and sql. Could any one give me some advice on how to begin this great journey.

The fCC curriculum page at freecodecamp.org offers a roadmap which you can consider following. The first two blocks in the map are html/css and JS. So you can decide where you want to go from there whether it is to frontend libraries or data visualization or databases etc. Take a look.

1 Like

Currently I’m doing javascript data structures and algorithms. But i did find a solution. I’m using freecodecamp youtube video on learning node and express. It’s going well. Link for the video is : freecodecamp node and express tutorial

These are based on JavaScript / TypeScript so I feel you can learn these and get into job / internship, later learn front end technologies ( web / mobile ) as well to be a full stack developer.

There are few others technologies used in backend, do check popular job sites to find out what’s currently in demand in majority of the startups ( my personal favourite place to search is Y Combinator jobs page )

Later you can search for these topics in YT as well to learn from real world developers.

All the very best

HTML, CSS, TailwindCSS, PHP not needed for backend engineering