BeeLogger Kali Linux

Hi!

I have Kali Linux 2021.1 on VMWare, and I’m logged in as root…
In the console I type:

git clone https://github.com/4w4k3/BeeLogger.git
cd BeeLogger
chmod +x install.sh
./install.sh

Then there’s Python instalator - I click on OK, Next several times and Finish
Then there’s pywin32-220 - Next several times and Finish again
Then there’s pyHook-1.5.1 - Next several times and Finish
After doing that I have SyntaxError:

Complete output from command python setyp.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "c:\users\root\temp\pip-build-vowhya\pyinstaller\setup.py", line 63
file = sys.stderr)

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\root\temp\pip-build-vowhya\pyinstaller

And also during the installation process there are the following errors:

002f:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot

//and also

0012:err:ole //etc

So basically what I’m asking for is a good tutorial on how to install BeeLogger on Kali Linux 2021.1 VMWare without errors :slight_smile:

I’ll be thankful for any help :smiley:

(+ I’m not intending to use BeeLogger in malicious purposes)

Just looking at their README, you may not have the correct Python version for the type of environment that you are installing in.

Because of their potential for harm when misused (by intention or inexperience), we tend not to give detailed help for tools like this. Instead we encourage people to build their way to penetration testing gradually, making sure that they understand the implications of all the code that they are executing.

Well, I’ll search for it - I don’t understand why are you forbidding this kind of questions - I won’t use it in malicious purposes, only for “sport” (like harming my own phone and then clearing it from the program)

And thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t assume that you have malicious intent. Similarly to handling firearms or venemous snakes, tools used for penetration testing can hurt you or others if you don’t know what you’re doing. I’m just concerned that someone using these tools should be sure to understand them well enough to recognize when something is going wrong and how to fix it.

Good luck with your project and happy coding!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.