Brand new to coding

Hi,
I wanted to learn to code. where should i start? any advice? also, does anyone know how to use firefox developer edition?

Welcome. freeCodeCamp is a great place to start. Have you tried the curriculum within this site? It’s a great place to start if you’re a beginner.

where is it located on the site? it only shows a couple of things on my end.

It is a little confusing - the integration between the forum, the chat, and the curriculum could be better. Try going here to start. Let me know if it works. https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges

it shows me exactly the same thing. i think there’s something wrong with the site. It says at the top " we couldn’t find a page for challenges."

Have you gone here, and gone through the initial steps in creating an account? https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/learn-how-freecodecamp-works

Let me know if that works for you!

How do i go to the next challenge? I’ve been to this page before. Am i doing something wrong?

Hmm. Not entirely sure. What do you see when you click on that link? Does it give you the option to continue clicking through challenges? What page do you end up on after you click through whatever challenges you do see?

Also, what browser are you using?

Do you see the “map” link in the upper right? Click on that to see the curriculum and what challenges you have and haven’t completed yet.

Im using firefox. It doesn’t give me any options or maybe im not completing the challenge.

Do you know how to code?

Can you send a screenshot of what your screen looks like? It’s hard to tell because you’re not being very specific about what you’re seeing on your end, or what challenge you completed.

I know CSS and a little python.

First, it looks like the challenge is asking you to make the text red in color (in your code you wrote blue).

Second, also try deleting the first two header elements (you have them repeating), unless the challenge asked you to write that code repeatedly (but I don’t think it did).

Did that help?

haha, ok. I was trying different colors on it. What text edit do you code in? I downloaded firefox developer edition. Have you used it before?