Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage - Where do I start?

I’m presently stuck on this particular task in the course - Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage in the section - Basic Front End Development Projects (50 hours). I’ve seen the codepen.io sample, but there aren’t any instructions about how do I go about it. Should I use twitter bootstrap 3 or 4? How can I get that animated “sliding effect” when you click from About link to Portfolio and then to Contact? Finally, whom should I create this portfolio about?

freeCodeCamp uses Bootstrap 3, but you can use whatever you want.

That would require some JavaScript, but you don’t have to use an animation. I think it is too difficult for the Portfolio project, but you could search and copy the animation.

Most people make a portfolio for themselves.

2 Likes

I think the whole idea behind it is for you to apply what you have learned so far.

Think of it as an opportunity to play around and use the new tools you now have and explore what your current limitations are. The portfolio doesn’t have to be perfect, it doesn’t have to be an exact copy of the example.

Just make sure you complete the User Stories and I’m sure you will be fine.

2 Likes

Don’t do what I did and get so aggravated that you lose momentum. Like everyone else said use what you’ve been doing thus far. Look it this project like something that will never end, I mean you can update it every time you learn something you want to implement. Good luck, and happy coding!

As previous posters said, you just need to apply what you’ve learned so far, it doesn’t have to be exactly like the one in the example, if there are some things you don’tknow how to do yet, you can leave them for later, or, if you really want to add some feature but you don’t know how, you can look for tutorials on Google, that’s what I did :slight_smile:

2 Likes