Career Guidance

Hi there! I used to code, back in 2018, but I had to take a step back due to personal reasons. Do you think it will be easy for me to get back into coding after 4 years?

I wouldnt say its going to be easy. After four years then chances are you are staring over. However, how much that comes back to you is up to you, and how committed you are. Are you planning on putting in time everyday? And if so then how long? Four years is a long time, but its not impossible to get back to where you once were. Again, its how committed you are to getting back into it. It will be hard at first, but just dont stop. I know how hard it can be to start up again after a long break.

1 Like

Programming in general is hard but if you think you’d find yourself interested in doing it then I say go for it. :+1:

1 Like

When I started at FCC, I was getting back into coding after 20 years. It took work, but there were things that were easier because I’d learned them before.

But it won’t get any easier by waiting another 4 years. It is what it is, just deal with it and keep moving forward.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice.

I’m planning to put certain hours of the day aside for coding until I transition fully back to coding

Thank you for the advice

Of course you can get back into coding all you need to do is dedicate more time and prepare your mind to learn new things also give more time to coding and I’m sure you will be perfect again