Chris Cornell Tribute Page

Hello, I’m extremely new at coding, but I finished my Tribute Page project, and i was just wondering if I could get some feedback, if I need to make any changes or anything like that.

1 Like

Hey Ethan,

nice to meet you! :wave:

Congrats on your first project, you did a great job so far! :clap:

My ideas:

• all tests pass, awesome!

• when you use codepen (only there!), you only have to add the code that belongs into the body; so you can remove the <body> and </body> tags in your codepen code

• after you removed this stuff, you can get a code validation:

• HTML: paste your codepen HTML code into the body
    • CSS: paste your whole CSS code
    • you will see some (recurring) errors, that’s totally normal and I think you are able to fix them! :+1:
  • you can increase the readability of your code by:

1. clicking on the small arrow on the right side of the code box and
    2. clicking Format HTML/CSS
  • when I decrease the width of my browser, the top image becomes very small, but the text becomes very big:
    Screenshot_2020-08-27_08-50-27

• on my wide screen, I’m having a hard time to read the content, because some lines are very long, font size and line height are rather small:

Feel free to ask questions and keep up the good work! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @ethankb16. Your page looks good. The only thing I’ll add for you to revisit is;

1 Like

Hello! So I would do something more like “Chris Cornell’s Website” instead of just “Chris Cornell’s”?

Hello! thank for the advice, I didn’t know I could do that with Codepen! I just have one question, is there a way for me to scale text like the pictures? that was it’s readable on every device/screen?

Yes, that would increase accessibility

1 Like

Awesome, I will do that and keep that in mind. Thank you, I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Hey there,

you can have a look at this section in the FCC curriculum to learn how to use media queries to make the image and the text (=typography) responsive.

1 Like