My first tribute project https://codepen.io/matthew-pourroy/pen/YzGxpaG any thoughts on how I can improve?
Welcome to the Forum!
I think your page looks good!
As you see the shot, the text is narrow.
Welcome to the forums @pourroy.matt. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in HTML. (No need to include the
bodytags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Run your CSS code through the validator.
- There are coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
Web Accessibility in Mind has a more thorough explanation.
- “here” is not accessible
- Web Accessibility in Mind has a more thorough explanation.
Awesome thank you!I went ahead and made those changes. https://codepen.io/matthew-pourroy/pen/YzGxpaG
Looks good @pourroy.matt.
As mentioned, since it’s codepen you don’t need the
doctype declaration or the
It’s a nit but I think I’d change it to;
<p>Read <a id="tribute-link" target="_blank" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk">more about Elon Musk</a></p>
I made the changes https://codepen.io/matthew-pourroy/pen/YzGxpaG thank you once again!