Codepen Menu disappearing

Hey guys, I’m having an issue with codepen. When I want to start my Survey Form project, the menu to run the tests keeps disappearing once I start typing the first line of code. I didn’t have this issue with my first project, the Tribute Page. I started codepen in a different browser (Edge) but run into the same problem there as with my current browser (Opera). I rebooted my computer but still.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.101 Safari/537.36 OPR/77.0.4054.90

Can you post the link to your codepen?

Sure!

Codepen works a little different than when you set up a page in your local editor, the whole boilerplate is already provided for you behind the scenes. You only write what’s going between the <body></body> tags into the HTML panel.

In the extra boilerplate that you added, there’s also a few syntax errors. The <html> tag has only two children: the <head> and the <body> tag. The <title> goes into the <head>, and the <footer> goes into the <body>. This is how you’d normally set up a page:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
      <title id="title"><title>
      <!-- other tags for the head like <meta> and <link> -->
  </head>

<body>
      <!-- all page content like <header>, <nav>, <main> and <footer>  -->
  </body>
<html>  

But as mentioned, you don’t have to write that in codepen. You only write the page content (everything between the opening and closing <body> tags).

Hi jsdisco!

Thank you. I’ve did a fast test and that seemed to do the trick! Tonight I will continue and hopefully my menu is still there!

Thanks again!

Don’t worry, it won’t run away… happy coding!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.