Completed Tribute Page - would appreciate feedback

Hi there everyone,

I am looking for feedback on my tribute page;

Thanks to all of you for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

Hey @Chelsey!
Welcome to FCC’s Forum.

Your webpage looks nice and good color choice.
but there some things to rework

• Your mark is 8/10. Please make the changes.
  • Add a text at the footer like “Made by Chelsey”

Please these changes.

Hope this help you.
Thanks,
Codely.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Chelsey. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Your page passes 8/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Mentioning because you have elements out of order. Everything the browser displays belongs in the body element.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

Thank you so much for your time and feedback!
I have revisited the above mentioned amendments and errors accordingly.

Good job cleaning things up @Chelsey. Something to revisit;

• The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

The failing test says;
" My tribute page should have an element with corresponding id="main", which contains all other elements."

Once again, codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags).
The test is failing because you’ve put the required id outside the body element

Thank you so much @Roma for your help, I forgot to amend that element after reading that link you shared with me. I have saved it for future reference and have once again corrected my page :slight_smile:
https://codepen.io/Chelstar/pen/oNLBbbQ?editors=1100

Thanks again!

Nice job @Chelsey. Your page looks good.
Look forward to seeing your next project.

1 Like