Cypress times out in gitpod and local

Hello
I am trying to run the cypress tests on my unmodified forked code in gitpod environment and my cypress tests are failing with error like below. The application is up and running and I have tested the application using gitpod provided URL. I have also ran the cypress install command using npm (npm run cypress:install-build-tools). Please also note that the same error I had ran into when I tried to set up the local codebase on my Mac . The link to the repository: GitHub - sucheta90/freeCodeCamp: freeCodeCamp.org's open-source codebase and curriculum. Learn to code for free. and the link to the hosted version of the code: https://8000-sucheta90-freecodecamp-pbiutscchb4.ws-us82.gitpod.io/
The error I am running into is below.

Running:  learn/challenge-hot-keys.js                                                    (1 of 10)

The hotkeys should work correctly
    (Attempt 1 of 5) should be possible to navigate to the next challenge/projects and previous
    (Attempt 2 of 5) should be possible to navigate to the next challenge/projects and previous
    (Attempt 3 of 5) should be possible to navigate to the next challenge/projects and previous
    (Attempt 4 of 5) should be possible to navigate to the next challenge/projects and previous
    1) "before each" hook for "should be possible to navigate to the next challenge/projects and previous"

0 passing (1m)
  1 failing

1) The hotkeys should work correctly
       "before each" hook for "should be possible to navigate to the next challenge/projects and previous":
     AssertionError: Timed out retrying after 4000ms: Expected to find content: 'Welcome back' but never did.

Because this error occurred during a `before each` hook we are skipping the remaining tests in the current suite: `The hotkeys should work cor...`
      at Context.login (webpack:///./cypress/support/commands.ts:4:5)

Hello there,

Do any of the tests run without failing?

For the most part, you are more likely to get an explanation of what is going on by viewing the client and server terminal output. Specifically, during/after running the tests, view the terminal output where you have the client and server running. The application might be crashing, or some requests might be blocked.

Hope this helps

@Sky020 I have tried to capture logs with my limited knowledge and pushed in my github fork. The client log was small and it looks like this success onPreExtractQueries - 0.002s success extract queries from components - 0.527s success write out requires - 0.104s success run page queries - 0.020s - 1/1 49.98/s success Writing page-data.json files to public directory - 0.372s - 1/2791 7501.20/s

The server log link and Cypress log link

Thank you for sharing that.

It appears these errors are related in the server logs:

This shows there is something going wrong in the server which is failing the tests. I am not sure what is going wrong, but I suggest hard pulling from upstream, and trying again.

Typically, the “No user instance found” error comes about because the DB is not set up (seeded) or running properly.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.