Data structures and algorithms resources for beginners

can anyone help me to find out the best resources to learn data structures and algorithms?

Hi @nagarjuna13!

Welcome to the forum!

Have you done the javascript section yet? https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/

If not, then I would start there.

If so and you want additional practice then you can looks into these resources

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time and helping me get the materials I needed

Youtube is also a good resource. MIT published some of their lectures about algorithms and data structures. They’re made for students. Then you can look for free courses like the ones mentioned in the previous comment. A lot of these concepts, when put in a video becomes easier to understand than just reading plain text. You actually can get some dry descriptions and animated gifs of how some of them work on wikipedia. If you search like, “wikipedia hash table” or “wikipedia quicksort”, you’ll see what I mean. There is no streamlined or concise way to learn these things, and it’s OK to run through different sources until it ‘clicks’ for you about any one particular thing. It’s a grind so keep at it!

any tips for beginners to improve algorithimic knowledge
any resources for learning and practicing algorithms?

a few posts above jwilkins.oboe has posted a lot of links, rake a look at those

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.