Encountered bug from rapid key press

Tell us what’s happening:

I pressed “Ctrl + Enter” to proceed to the next challenge and possibly pressed it twice in a row, allowing me to proceed to the challenge subsequent to the next challenge. I didn’t proceed because I knew that wasn’t what I was supposed to do.

Now I’m at a point where I cannot proceed to the next challenge. Based on the screenshot I’ve provided it’s obvious that the test isn’t testing for what the challenge is asking.

I was able to fix the problem with a page refresh, but I thought you guys might like to know that this can happen. Based on similar topics this may be a source for much confusion.

Your code so far

// Example
var ourName = "freeCodeCamp";
var ourStr = "Hello, our name is " + ourName + ", how are you?";

// Only change code below this line
var myName;
var myStr;

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.88 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Constructing Strings with Variables

Link to the challenge:

Not sure why you think the above showing challenge is not testing for the correct code. It shows two failures and those failure are justified, because nothing has been assigned to myName and the += operator has not been used with myName to create myStr. Maybe I am not understanding what you are trying to explain here.

Hi Randell, thank you for looking into this. If you click the link to the exercise you’ll see that it does not involve the += operator.

OK I think I understand what you mean, but please clarify how to repeat the issue. What challenge did you start on and solve then click the Ctrl+Enter fast to have it show what it does above? I am just wanting to be able to recreate the issue, so we can figure out a solution.

The challenge I was on was the one prior to the one with the error state and it wasn’t my first. I suspect that the subsequent keypress caused the test to run on the following challenge prior to the test requirements loading causing it to run the previous test on the wrong challenge thus allowing the progression without completing the challenge. So this should work on any test.