Exit status 137 for repl?

Tell us what’s happening:

Everything was going quite smoothly on my page view data, then it stopped working and is giving me exit status 137, which may be an out of memory issue? I can’t figure out what I did wrong there!

Your code so far
https://repl.it/@SethAlan/boilerplate-page-view-time-series-visualizer-1#time_series_visualizer.py

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 11_1_0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Page View Time Series Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

Hey!

I am getting the same issue here…

Quickly playing around swapping portions of my code and yours hasn’t yielded any real result…

Seems like you might have figured it out after all?

I’m really sorry but I don’t remember how I fixed it. You’re welcome to take a look at my source code of course. I did eventually get it working!

Exit status 137 means the process was ended with SIGKILL (exit status >=128 means a signal ended the process. Subtracting 128 gives you signal 9, which is SIGKILL). It’s a strong possibility that your process ran out of memory, since macOS will kill large processes with said signal when it runs out.

Yeah it seems like it is an issue with potentially browser memory or so…

After trying a few things, comparing between our projects I got fed up and eventually fell back on VSCode which ultimately proved the tests all passed in about 3.5 seconds as opposed to failing after a while with this error so that’ll have to be good enough in this case…

I could try testing on other hosting services and playing around with merging slowly differences between our projects but I don’t feel it is something that is worth looking into really so I’m letting it go for now…

Cheers and Thanks for the inputs!

you are right. I had same issue, but when I closed my massive jupyter notebook it worked without issues

Wow yeah that could be it actually I didn’t even think of it…

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully it’ll help somebody else :slight_smile: