Fake Bank Site(silly personal project)

Link: https://codepen.io/ksmithcodepen/project/full/ABJgmr

Hey, just wanted to share the fake bank website I made as a personal project(not for FCC). It’s very basic and very silly but I had a good time with it. It is just HTML/CSS and very basic JS. You can “log in” to the account with the username “fake” and the password “bank” and it takes you to an accounts page where you can transfer money between accounts. The JS updates the account balances and adds a recent transfer line at the bottom. You can also select the different accounts from the dropdown menu and it shows a randomly generated list of recent transactions. Check it out, I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions for what else to add. Be nice, I’m still very new at this.

Hi @ksmith52 !

Welcome to the forum!

I think your page looks good.

Just a couple of things to think about :grinning:

For the sign in feature, I think you should add some logic to your code that prevents users from clicking the button without putting in any information.
Right now, it takes me to the account balance sheet.

I think the buttons should have a cursor pointer.

For your javascript, you might consider looking into ways of refactoring your script.js.
Right now, you have a nested for loop with a lengthy if else statement which can be hard to follow.

Just something to think about :grinning:

Thank you for the feedback.

I had meant to add the required attribute to the login but I forgot. I will put that in and work on your other suggestions. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums @ksmith52. Nice job on your page, looks like you had fun with it.
Some things you may want to revisit;

• User’s should be able to click the label to toggle the selection, not just the radio button.
  • Seeing as how you’re using HTML5 is there a reason you used table rather than taking advantage of CSS flexbox or grid as needed?
  • Speaking of, the tc element was used by Microsoft Office a while ago but I don’t recall it ever being an element in HTML
    You can run your CSS code through the W3C validator.

Thank you, I might have had too much fun with it.

Honestly, the menu got a bit muddled as I was trying to get everything to line up the way I wanted it to. I tried making it a table while I was playing around with it and it worked well enough so I left it. I’ll work on a better alternative.

Now that you mention it, I’m not sure where I got the idea to use “tc” from. Maybe that was some old office knowledge coming through, haha.

I appreciate the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.