Feedback for Responsive Web Design Projects

Hi everyone, the other day I finished the Responsive Web Design Certification. I only started learning CSS a few weeks ago but I’m having a lot of fun and feel like I’ve come so far in such a short amount of time. I’d appreciate constructive criticism on any of my projects.

https://codepen.io/aharmon413

Hi @aharmon413 !

Congrats on finishing all of the projects.
In the future, you will get more responses if you make seperate posts for each project.

Tribute page feedback:
Make sure all of the tests are passing. Right now you have 9/10.
I would review the lesson on giving links meaningful names.

Instagram page is not that accesible.

Survey form
I think your page looks good.
For codepen, you can place links for the head in the html settings.

Landing page
You might consider adding a smooth scroll to the page.
For the signup button I think you should mark is required for users to input an email before submission.
You have a couple of small errors in your code.
Run your html through the html validator and your css through the codepen css analyzer.

Technical page
It looks good. There are a couple of errors in the html. Run your code through the validator.

Portfolio page
You might consider adding a smooth scroll to the page.
There are a couple of small errors in your html. Run your code through the validator.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback. This is my first time ever posting code for feedback so I was really nervous! In the future I will make separate posts for each project, I did them all in one this time because I didn’t want to spam new topics. Thanks again.

1 Like

Your pages look good @aharmon413. Some things to revisit;

survey form

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox
    • There’s a mismatch for one of your checkboxes to clicking the label doesn’t toggle

tech doc

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    • Reference MDN Docs
    • For your code snippets there is an HTML solution to preserve line breaks and whitespace and there is a CSS solution to preserve line breaks and whitespace. Search for them. You only need to use one or the other.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.