Hello, I would appreciate some feedback/critique on my Technical Document Page
@AlexOros The styling is excellent, the layout need adjusting in my opinion.
- I belive the menu should go to the top of the page like in the example project.
- The huge space to the right of the menu is not necessary.
I hope that my Techical Documentation page will look as good as yours.
It’s looking good @AlexOros. I would suggest;
- running your code through an HTML validator. You have many times where you’ve used the same
idmore than once. codepen provides you with a validator. Click ont the arrow in the upper right and then click on ‘Analyze’.
- On smaller screens, consider possibly making your Nav a hamburger menu and fixing it to the to top.
Thank you for the review @Roma , I didn’t know about codepen’s HTML analyzer it’s awesome. The hamburger menu did pass my mind but I decided against it.
Hey @brandon_wallace, about your points:
The menu going at the top. When you go on mobile the menu remains on top, for larger screens I made it sticky to the left, is this what you meant about the menu going to the top?
For the spacing the right of the navbar I took your suggestion and modified the spacing between it and the main content.
P.S Thank you for the review
Things to look for;
- Menu border is touching letters when screen is scrolled.
- Menu shifts a bit up as scrolled. It can stay where it is.
- Go to top link arrow can initiate a faster elevation to top of the page.
I like the style.
Wow! such an amazing tech doc page for JS!!
the styles are so cool, but one suggestion:
maybe keep all of the links fixed to the side of the tutorial so when I want to skip to different parts, I can. kinda like this:
Great job on your project.
By the way, what is prism.css?
prism.css is a lightweight, extensible syntax highlighter for the
code tag’s. Thanks for the kind words