Feeling a little discouraged

I was able to get through most of the basic JavaScript lessons pretty easily feeling like I understood the content well, however, when I got the the sections about loops - I felt like I could not solve any of the problems by myself. I found myself having to look at the hints and solutions to know where to start. I really want to learn this content thoroughly, but am getting a little discouraged. Any advice or words of encouragement?

Well as I always say - this is difficult stuff, don’t be too hard on yourself.

I think the great jazz guitarist once said that every great jazz guitarist was a guitarist that struggled with something but didn’t give up.

If you struggle with loops, then spend a few days just searching youtube for “javascript loops”. Watch videos and maybe code along. Look for other challenges on the web. If you “cheated” on the loops challenges on FCC - then wait a week and go back and do them again from scratch - learning is still learning.

1 Like

Hi there,

I had a hard time figuring out loops. I did a lot of practice, and this MDN article helped me to understand what is going on. There are exercises at the end for practice.

It will come.

Hi @lucidleau!

Welcome to the forum!

You could look into these exercises.

Programming is hard. It’s ok and perfectly normal if it takes time for certain ideas to click in your mind.