Got my FIRST DEV JOB! 🚀

thanks @jongieoaquiera! pm me if you have any questions regarding CS50 :slight_smile:

Dziekuje @bobericksonjr89! Cheers!

Thanks Michael! I’ll keep you posted :smiley:

Thanks @Marmiz, I really appreciate it!

Thank you @FelixSch!

2 Likes

Wow, what a brilliant story! Really inspiring, thanks. I love your projects, and how you presented them - you’ve worked your butt off! I can see that I have much to learn…

2 Likes

Congrat!! Your projects are really inspiring and also your post. I will keep myself being on the track too !

2 Likes

@sitek94 If you can let us know how the first few weeks go.

2 Likes

Maciek, congrats and thank you for sharing, just what I needed to hear…
Pozdro

2 Likes

@sitek94 wonderful, inspirational story! Thanks for sharing it, and the links you provided are super useful. Saved them!

3 Likes

@sitek94 may I ask if you build up the resume by using HTML or any resume builder? Thank You!

2 Likes

Nice work and very inspiring!! I’m learning JavaScript and it’s probably the toughest thing I’ve ever done. Close to a year of a course I’m doing and it still seems like I’ve gotten no where, and I’m still pushing.

2 Likes

CONGRATS!
I wish i become a web developer because i dont like high school or college.
What languages were you required to learn? And what position are you in like frontend or backend?

2 Likes

Congratulations man. I’m self-taught as well and currently looking for my first dev job so I’m really inspired by your story. Hopefully I can catch up to you soon!

2 Likes

LITTLE UPDATE:
I’ve just signed the contract and it turns out that I got offered a position of Fullstack Developer :slight_smile:

Hej Kasia, cieszę się, że w jakiś sposób Ci mój post pomógł, powodzenia!

Sure @brandon_wallace ! I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

Sure @phuongkim.ma, it’s not a secret :smiley: I built it myself, you can check out the source code here: https://github.com/sitek94/macieksitkowski.com/blob/master/src/pages/resume.js

I know how you’re feeling @CodingPro, I felt like that many, many times but like you said, I kept on pushing :slight_smile:

Thanks @TheDEVELOPER! During the interview most of the questions were about JavaScript. I’ve had a little bit experience with Python and C so I put that on my resume as well but that was a mistake because when they asked me something simple about Python I didn’t know the answer. I got offered a position of fullstack developer but at the beginning I’m probably going to be more focused on the frontend.

Thanks @anthonyyoo24 ! I hope that soon I’ll be reading your post with good news :smiley: Good luck!!!

4 Likes

Hey @sitek94

Congrats! I am really happy for you. Your projects are amazing!
I started my journey right now hahaha. I hope someday I will get a job in the area too.
I did the CS50X and now I am finishing the Responsive Web Design course. Dou you recommend doing all the certifications in the freeCodeCamp and go?
thanks for sharing about ur journey :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations Bro, I’m 33 and still struggling to learn the basics of JavaScript hope someday will be a developer too.

2 Likes

I’d say start applying when you feel confident :slight_smile: It doesn’t have to be the moment when you finish all the certifications. I still haven’t finished it all but I’m looking forward to doing so :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing and also for helping other campers :slight_smile: you helped me with one of my first posts on FCC ever and I will definitely not forget it!

Best of luck in your new job, you should be proud of yourself!

3 Likes

Hello if may I ask what CS50 course do you get and how do you retain all the knowledge in the tutorial and make something in scratch?

Thank you and congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Always happy to help! :slight_smile: Дякую Karajna!

Hi @geneno.sampayan, I’m not sure if this is what you mean but the CS50 course that I took was the one from 2020, you can find it here: CS50x

With regards to scratch, you can checkout my project here: Scratch Platform Game, hopefully you will find something useful there. Also, in the project description I mention the authors of some nice scratch tutorials.

1 Like

congratulations! Projects look very professional to me, where did you learn how to do the authentification part?

2 Likes

I think people would be interested in hearing a timeline. When did you get into coding? When did you find FCC? How long did it take you? What were some other milestones? When did you start searching for jobs? How many applications? How many interviews?

Stuff like that. There are a lot of people here very thirsty for information like that.

Don’t get me wrong - it was very kind of you to put so much effort into what you did post. And congratulations.

Now you have to get ready for the hard part - learning how to work a real dev job. I might recommend reading through some of the posts here about people dealing with new dev jobs. My advice - be humble, listen, don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re struggling with something, even if you’re not ready for help, at least communicate the problems you are having. And educate yourself - I would make a list of the libraries we used and would read a little of their docs each night to get better and better. And read about things that maybe aren’t part of the dev education, like agile and devops.

But congrats - it’s always good to hear these stories.

6 Likes

I read your article about getting a job last week it was really interesting, have you written anything about your first few months in your first job?

2 Likes