Guide to run the project locally

Hi guys! I’ve been trying to find documentation on how to run the project locally. But I couldn’t find it. I’m sorry if I missed it somewhere :S

I’d like to fix a few things I’ve seen, but I would feel a lot better if I could test them locally before making a PR. I cloned the project and tried to run it without success. So any help will be appreciated and hopefully, turned into a few PRs :slight_smile:

The contributors guide links to another guide for Setting up freeCodeCamp locally

1 Like

Great! Thanks a lot!!

I’m already running the site locally :partying_face:
But I can’t get to the guides pages.

I want to edit this page:
https://guide.freecodecamp.org/certifications/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/intermediate-algorithm-scripting/convert-html-entities/

But it doesn’t even seem like Gatsby generated it.

How do you get to the challenge solution guides when you run the site locally?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cool, thanks! Makes total sense. I’ll try it out and come back if I run into trouble. Thanks for your help!

BTW, did I miss the docs for this? If all of this is not documented, I’d be happy to also help with that.

Sounds to me like a good place to put this information would be … a guide article, no? :wink:

A “Contributing to FreeCodeCamp” category perhaps? Then again, I suppose most docs in that vein should perhaps just go in the docs/ directory of the repo. ¯\(ツ)