Hey everyone, I have a dilemma. I’ve advanced through a pretty rigorous interview process with a software company, and I’m pretty sure they’re going to give me an offer. However, I’ve also been talking with a startup that is backed by Rice University, and they seem keen on hiring me as well.
Entry-Level Software Position
- Ranked #1 place to work in Houston for about 10 years.
- It has decent pay
- They are career oriented
- I’ll be using an archaic language called Visual DataFlex, which they will pay to teach me
Software Engineering Internship
- Startup is backed by Rice University
- I’ll be helping create a social platform for one of my own personal hobbies
- It’s unpaid, but they’re offering 1%-5% equity
- It’s a start up
Can y’all please help me think through this?