Here is my second version. Does anyone feel it good? :)

Hi Campers,

This is my second version of Portfolio. Made suggested changes. Would like to design it in a professional way. Check this in full page in your browser as some fonts are not applied in this window. Need your help. Suggestions and critics are welcome :slight_smile: Eagerly waiting for the response.http://codepen.io/Manoja9/full/GjoKaN/

2 Likes

Hi Manoja, your project looks really good. The only things I don’t like is the fact that the navbar is not availabe once you’ve clicked on a lower section, you have to scroll back to the top. I’m not keen on the background on the form, but that’s just a personal thing, if the image was seamless so that it looked like one piece of wood, that would be better. But it’s a good project :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like to see the clean and simple formats on these portfolios like yours.
While the flashy ones provide an initial “oooooh”, a lot of them aren’t really practical.

Some suggestions:

1. Remove the throbbing effect from your name at both the top and bottom of your page.
  2. Center your portfolio thumbnails on the page.
  3. Center your contact form within “wooden” background.
  4. What @ghostrider mentioned.
2 Likes

Thank you so much. Sure will look after the changes. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Will change as u suggested. :slight_smile:

Hi Manoja9,

While I see you want to use the throbbing effect, it will give the use a headache and cheapens the feel of the website.

You might want to change the background image on the form to something that is larger to avoid those lines, or just make it a simple color (sometimes simple is better

You might want to add a container for your footer as well.

I am also working on a bio-website. dmorrisonwebdesign.com. let me know what you think.

Thanks
Doug

Thank you for your feedback. Will work on it for sure :slight_smile:

Plz check my changes. Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Plz do check my changes. Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Hi @Manoja9

I really like the personal tone of your writing. This is of course a code challenge first of all but the text matters too.

The popup effect when I hovering over the thumbnails is much to slow, Right now the effect doesn’t feel like a prompt to click.

I also think the contrast between text and the wooden background is too low in the footer.

1 Like

Thank you so much Magwit. I have changed the time of transition. Check if it is enough. Could you re check the portfolio, I just updated.

Hello Manoj

That was fast! I just had a look again and yes the feel is quite different when I hover. The footer is also now much more legible and the contrast is kinder to my eyes. I am glad if you found my advice valuable.

1 Like

So much Magwit. Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

Looks a lot better. You might want to work on the form part. Spell out Message(not msg). Also the words are too far spaced from the text box. Move them in closer. You might want to consider a different font for your “Contact”, and “Portfolio” I don’t like the purple as it does not look professional. Play around with different fonts and colors to see what fits best. Just because you like a font, doesn’t mean it will look good on the page.
Your nav bar looks a lot better and I love the logo!

I hope I’m not being to critical

1 Like

100% better, well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure. Will workout on fonts too. U r not at all critical. U r so encouraging. I would like to get ur support for my work further too. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

No problem. I am working on a bio website as well. It’s a work in progress. Keep working at it. Keep it clean and simple. You might want to check out the book “Don’t Make Me Think” by Steve Krug.

Checked ur website Doug. Looks simple, good and very clean. I love the bootstrap website and its pretty awesome. Guess you need to work on About page in your main site. I am getting an error on clicking that. Plz check. :slight_smile: