Hey Everyone! Excited to learn over the summer!

Hey, everyone!

I’m a high school student wanting to learn diverse forms of code to expand my knowledge and my small side job. I currently manage KPcreative.co and make websites for clients ranging from CMS creations for easy client management to even multi-page custom designed pages. I really love this work, and want a job or internship in this field over the coming months, as I feel like this is much more up my alley!

Excited to learn!

Any tips on how to get ahead?

Thanks!

2 Likes

How to get ahead? On fCC or the profession in general?

1 Like

Both…having trouble finding proper actual freelance work

As far as getting ahead on FCC, just work hard and ask questions if you get stuck. It’s a friendly group.

For professionally, I’d say never stop looking for work. Freelancing is dealing with a lot of rejection. A LOT. Just keep at it. And if you have no work, start hobby coding projects. They hone your skills and make great portfolio pieces.

2 Likes

I see, do you know any proper platforms to find clients. Upwork and Freelancer.com are great just really tough to nail a job with the limited connects given.

There are many threads with advice about freelancing:

https://forum.freecodecamp.com/search?q=freelance

But it is a tough market to break into. As I understand it, in the beginning, you are competing with a lot of other bottom feeders, many of them of dubious qualifications. People will be underbidding and a lot of the projects will be questionable. (One of my pet peeves are projects like: I need a web site. How can I intelligently bid on that? Is that a 1 hour project or a 20 hour project.)

But if you put in the time and get your rating up, you’ll get better job offers. That’s the story anyway.

1 Like