Hi can you help me to get out of this problem?

Your code so far
Hello guys I have a Question about JavaScript when you complete the 6th challenge you are not able to click on run the tests I tried to restart and again start but still not working

please help me because I am a student and this is my homework

sorry but not get what is the problem kindly explain.

what’s your code? there may be an issue there

or you may be using an incompatible browser, or you may have browser extensions that are interfering

Here it is the button is not working

The button is not working because you have syntax errors in your code.

Your will need to fix those in order for the run tests button to work.

Read through the error message to fix the error.

no, the button isn’t working at all I mean it doesn’t respond to the button if you have time please try it by yourself you will understand what I mean

Your code so far
Hello guys I have a Question about JavaScript when you complete the 6th challenge you are not able to click on run the tests I tried to restart and again start but still not working

The button doesn’t respond to my click that’s what I mean

please help me because I am a student and this is my homework

Challenge: Understanding Case Sensitivity in Variables

Link to the challenge:

Yes I know that.

What you are not understanding is that it is not working because you have not written valid javascript code.

When you write invalid javascript code, the run tests button will never work.

I can see in the screenshot you posted, it says Syntax Error.

Whenever you see that message the code will never run.

You have to fix the invalid javascript for the button to work again.

Make sense?

This is the invalid javascript from your screenshot.

var properCamelCase = A String;
myVar TitleCaseOver;

yeah thanks for you that was very helpfull

sorry I bothered you again thanks for you and your time

No worries.

Glad you were able to fix the issue.

In the future, make sure to avoid posting screenshots and instead write your code directly into the forum.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

@kevinSmith
Your code so far

// Variable declarations
var StUdLyCapVaR = 10;
var properCamelCase = A String;
myVar TitleCaseOver = 9000;

// Variable assignments
StudlyCapvar = 10;
properCamelCase = "A String";
TitleCaseOver = 9000;

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.131 Safari/537.36 Edg/92.0.902.73

Challenge: Understanding Case Sensitivity in Variables

Link to the challenge:

Make sure that when the variable is declared, it’s name perfectly matches every time it is used. Use “camel case” for these kind of variables. Camel case has first word lowercase followed by every word after having their first letter capitalized. An example of camel case is “camelCase” or three-word camel case “oneTwoThree” etc.

To pass this challenge, you must correct the code to have consistent camel case when variables are declared and when those same variables are used. Also you can’t declare a variable with “myVar”.

OK, I think you’ve gotten too far off the beaten path. This lesson is about naming variables. All you should be doing is renaming variables, specifically changing their casing.

You should reset your code - hit the Reset All Code button and reset it so you can start fresh.

Then all you have to do is change all the variables to camelCase. That is where you capitalize the first letter of each word (except the first word) and add them all together. For example, “count of late records” becomes “countOfLateRecords”. You need to “fix” the variables in the problem. You will need to fix them in two places: where it is declared and where it is assigned. For example, if I had

// Variable declarations
var MyWifesName;

// Variable assignments
MyWifesName = "Roxana";

Then I would change it to:

// Variable declarations
var myWifesName;

// Variable assignments
myWifesName = "Roxana";

Notice that I only changed the variable name and changed it in two places.

In the code for the challenge, there are two variables that are not camelCase - fix them in two places each.

Give that a shot and let us know if that didn’t help enough.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.