How can I be consistent in coding?

I am struggling with consistency. If anyone give me tips how to be consistent. And I have another problem that I do not want solve project rather I want to pass the challenges.

Can you clarify what you mean by “consistent”?

Can you clarify what you mean by “I do not want solve project rather I want to pass the challenges”?

For consistency you should try first all the standard problems which will keep your interest in coding. I think it is the interest which brings the consistency in every aspect of life.

1 Like

Consistency means doing everyday and I don’t feel interest when I want to do projects for getting certified. It scares me. I feel I can’t do it.

Practice/code as often as possible but for shorter periods of time. For example, an hour daily.

A project is just a series of challenges. You solve it bit by bit.

Practicing on projects will teach you things challenges simply can not. Starting is the hard part, showing up is half the battle. You just have to say whatever and jump in. Then when you get going it takes on a life of its own and will guide/push you through it.

Finishing is hard as well, but at some point, you just have to let go and move on to the next thing.

1 Like

Well, consistency can refer to many things. For example, it often refers to quality. But OK…

I don’t feel interest when I want to do projects for getting certified

Well, that has more to do with general life skills than coding. Setting goals, setting a timeline, prioritizing, delaying gratification - these are important skills to develop for success in any field.

I don’t feel interest when I want to do projects for getting certified

Right, but do you have interest in the eventual goal? Someone may not like cooking, but does it anyway because they want the end product. Maybe they even learn to enjoy the cooking because they connect it with the end goal.

It scares me. I feel I can’t do it.

Well, these are different than the other and are different from each other. I will say that this is veeeeery common. This is hard stuff - that’s why it pays well. But all this boils down to self-discipline again.

I would recommend setting up a schedule. If you are working on a project, commit to either 30 minutes of work or finishing at least 1 user story. No matter what, you are going to work on coding every day. Break it into manageable chunks. They didn’t build the pyramids by placing every rock at the same time. They placed every stone, one at a time, all 2.3 million of them. It took 20 years. They did it by breaking it into small problems and solving them one at a time.

Ultimately this comes down to you. It reminds me of dealing with my guitar and piano students back when I was teaching. They have to find their own schedule and rhythm of practice. I couldn’t come to their house the other 6 days a week and bang on their window to get them to practice. That was their job. The ones that learned how to do that succeeded in music (and often life). The ones that didn’t, ended up quitting, disappointed. Which are you going to be? The choice is yours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.