How can I use Linux Command without Linux bash in Windows 10

How can I use Linux Command without Linux bash in Windows 10
0.0 0

I recently watched this video on youtube How to Install Angular 4

My Question is what terminal he is using because he uses Linux command in the terminal but I can’t in my system
see at 1:34 https://youtu.be/g13I7Xy1PtI?t=94 he is using “clear” command

I am sure he is using windows 10 and I am also using windows 10

and it’s not Linux bash inside windows 10

at 3:52
why “master” word display at the end

Git Bash and Cygwin both include Bash emulations, he could be using either. I assume Git Bash. The master is which (git) branch he is on,

Linux subsystem is probably a better option as you can just install the actual Linux programs (like bash [or zsh or whatever], ls, mv, cp, and so on)

The downside of using the linux subsystem is that the IDE/editor that you have installed on your widows system won’t be able to see those files.

The terminal emulator they might be using is called cmder and you can get it here and the “(master)” refers to the git branch of their project.

It doesn’t seem like that YouTube video is using it, but PowerShell is another option on Windows 10—it’s already part of Windows 10 so you don’t need to install anything. PowerShell on Windows 10 is fairly powerful and supports a variety of Linux commands. There’s actually not much need to use the Linux Subsystem on Windows 10 since PowerShell offers most of the commands that you’ll end up using for web development.

Yeah but when bash is available it’s kinda hard to resist, at least for Linux users.

I use MobaXterm for SSH and SFTP, so I also just use it as a “terminal”

If I understand the issue that you’re bringing up, you can access your Windows files through cd /mnt/c (or whatever your drive is). I type my rust files in VS Code in Windows and then compile them using the Ubuntu subsystem.

I don’t know of a way to go in the other direction and get to the other direction and get to files that are in the ubuntu subsystem, but you can just go to /mnt/c and create your files on your C drive.

Excellent tips! I was talking about going “the other direction” when I made my comment because I’m used to using a Windows desktop to work on files that are actually on a Linux server so that’s where my brain goes.