How should i study?

Let’s say that i want to learn React.js , PHP and SQL.
Should i first finnish with react and then move to the others or is it better to study all simultaneously?

the idea of studying anything simultaneously drives me insane, I cant retain any information while studying more than one thing at a time… then again this is just personal opinion, being that there are those who are perfectly fine with studying multiple topics at the same time. if you fall into the latter, then by all means go ahead and study them at the same time.

1 Like

You should start with the one technology at a time. Learning many technologies at a time will insane you. So, focus on one technology at a time and when you master it, move to the next one.

1 Like

As someone who’s learned a whole pile of computer languages, I concur with the others: do one at a time, at least til you get the basics down. As for PHP, unless you have to work with something like Wordpress or Joomla, I’d suggest putting it dead last, including after other languages like python or ruby.

I’m mostly working on front end and i wanna keep it that way. But i figgured that i have to know atleast a few things from backend thats why i wanna learn PHP and SQL. Do you think that i shouldn’t do that? Or that i should learn something else from backend instead?

I think there are much more pleasant experiences to be had working on the backend than you can get with PHP. I’m heavily biased against PHP, even though I do work with it every day. It’s an aging language that can’t keep up with modern techniques (no async support, terrible unicode support, and many more problems). Frameworks like Laravel help somewhat, to where you’re at least not embedding php in web pages, but the PHP language itself is still just inescapably awful. You can certainly get a job working with PHP, but if it’s all you learn, you’re robbing yourself.

Javascript is not only the standard frontend language, it’s also a contender as a backend language as well, via Node.js. Python is also quite pleasant to program in, and has a wealth of options available for the back end; I’d recommend starting with Flask for that, then perhaps Django. Finally Ruby is still a popular choice, where your backend is likely to be Ruby on Rails.