Hello everyone this is my first post here. Awesome website!
A little about me. I am looking for a career change. I have almost zero coding experience. I am an American with no degree living in Cambodia for 5+ years. I strongly prefer to work remotely. But I would be open to moving internationally for the right job. Though I don’t like to live in large cities. I am also a firm believer in work life balance and I would like to continue to keep my working (for someone else) hours to max of 30 a week.
I currently can learn for about 7 hours a day 5 days a week.
From what I understand if you do the first 6 subjects of the curriculum. (And have a portfolio)
Then you will have a great base to get a job as a web developer.
Potentially being able to get a job in as little as 3 months. (more realistically 6+months)
I am not exactly sure what doing the last 4 subjects of the curriculum will prepare you for.
Or how long (about) it would take you to get a job in the field.
But I know machine learning, AI and automation also privacy sound way more interesting to me than building websites.
I like things like chatbots, GPT-2 (and 3), having text turned into pictures, a program that can (learn to) play a game etc.
- What kind of job do the last 4 subjects of the curriculum prepare you for?
- What do I need to learn for machine learning and AI? (It seems to be python? But what exactly?)
- Where do I self learn it in a way I am employable?
- What is a realistic time frame for learning to code to getting a job in that subject?
(Yes times may vary but web developer seems to take 6ish months if you are working hard)
- Are those types of jobs open to remote work and people who are self taught? ( to the same degree as web developer?)
Thanks for reading any guidance is appreciated.