The project I would like to realize is to build a (simple) league management website for my tennis club. Until today we have been using google spreadsheets to store the results of our tennis matches and the league admins have been updating the results and standing tables on our website manually . I would like to build a simple responsive web app to automate, simplify and optimize this process.
The following features should be included:
- log-in system >> each club member gets his/her own account
- all content (league standings, results, match dates…) only visible when logged in
- results-form to enter new results into database
- new results update the league standings automatically
- (nice to have) super-users can edit all results and set different tie-breakers for different leagues
Before I dive into yet another tool, does firebase sound like a viable option for this? I really don’t want to spend yet another 4 weeks learning the basics of another coding language (sql ?) but rather start working on a project and figure out the stuff I need to know along the way…
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.