How to i know if frontend or backend fits me better?

Hi,

If I feel like I like to be creative with my job and like colors, and not just raw programming is front better? I like to talk, and be social and marketing is frontend better just cus I get to be closer to the clients?

What is better java or javascript?

What language is the best to learn java python or another language?

What are good IT courses to start to learn as a beginner to get a foot in the IT job market, I am right now not sure if I want back or frontend?

Thank you for your help!!! :slight_smile:

If I feel like I like to be creative with my job and like colors, and not just raw programming is front better?

Yeah, maybe, a little. A designer, or someone specializing in UI/UX is a possibility, too.

I like to talk, and be social and marketing is frontend better just cus I get to be closer to the clients?

I am a mobile dev, essentially frontend. I do a lot of talking and being social - just not that much with customers - there are usually other people, e.g., “product owners” and customer support - it depends on the size of the company.

What is better java or javascript? … What language is the best to learn java python or another language?

If you are doing frontend web, then JS, 100%. That is the only programming language that the frontend understands. Period. For backend, there are a lot of possibilities: Java, Python, Ruby, JavaScript (Node), PHP, Go, and others. Different companies will use different backend languages/frameworks. They use a different one for a different service. Where I work everything is moving towards Python, but there is still legacy Java and Node on some services. It’s a crap shoot.

What are good IT courses to start to learn as a beginner to get a foot in the IT job market, I am right now not sure if I want back or frontend?

There are university courses. There are bootcamps. There are people that just teach themselves and build good portfolios (I did that). If I was young enough, I probably would have done a uni course - you learn a lot and there are some jobs that will require that. But everyone’s situation is different. There is probably no field (certainly in programming) that is more accepting of “I taught myself, but I built a bunch of projects that show what I can do” than web development. In my opinion, without a degree, it is easier to get a frontend job, but I’m sure there are exceptions.

My advice is just to learn. A backend developer should probably know a little frontend and I definitely think that every frontend developer should have a little backend experience. If for no other reason, it allows you to build better, more interesting portfolio projects, but you also get a deeper understanding of the relationship between the two.

And getting the first job is really hard, especially without a degree. I would just learn both and keep learning and keep building things. Get your first job, whatever it is, your foot in the door, and then see what you like. If you get hired on as a frontend and then after a few years, you say to your boss, “hey, I’m interested in doing some more backend work”, they are probably going to be supportive. Once you are a solid programmer, doing another language is not as much as a switch as you think.

3 Likes

hi!!:grin:

my name is Dima and i have an economics degree. I worked as i financial assistant for 5 months but then decided to quit because i have never found economics to be interesting. Honestly, i don’t even know why i studied it i think the fear of not being a student all of the sudden (i was not ready to start an 8 hours job after graduations cuz that was to me at that time so scary and unfamiliar, cuz being a student was all i ever knew at that time) so that is why i was in a hurry to go to university.
I should have made my research and found something that i genually liked to study.

I have been interested in the IT world/job market for the past 2 years. Honesty i don’t know anything about it, but it would be a shame for me not to try it cus it is so big so if i try then i must find something that might work for me and can be my future job right? hahaha

sorry for the long story my question to you is i don’t know if i want to work in front end or backend. What are some good basic it courses to learn that are both useful in backend and frontend?
what are easier to start learning fron or backend if i want to start my IT carrier?

I also find it security/cyber security to be interesting. i wonder if IT security/cyber security jobs is considered to be within the same field as backend and frontend jobs? are the courses for IT security/cyber security that i have to learn the same courses that i have to learn for backend and frontend?

Again i am so sorry for this long writing, i am just a bit sad and confused right now cuz i just feel like i wasted 3-4 years of my life in university just for a degree that i dont even like.

(Sorry for the misspelling English is not my first language)

Thank you for taking the time and have i wonderful day!! :hugs:

Please don’t create multiple topics on the same subject.

HI,

Sorry i will delete the other one. I would like to keep this pose.

Thank you!

Why not do the opposite. Someone spent some time writing out a thoughtful answer.

Your right i will delete the other one , Thanks for your replay :slight_smile:

I cant delete this post it gives me this message:

“You don’t have permission to delete this topic. If you really want it to be deleted, submit a flag for moderator attention together with reasoning.”

Can you please delete it for me

I merged your two threads together.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.