I'm already a computer engineer, but I want something slightly different

I feel a little foolish for going back to “square one”, but I feel like this would be a good resource for learning skills that are in high demand on the Pacific coast. I’m currently in Maryland, I have a job as a computer engineer, but I just have this feeling that I should be somewhere else. I want to move to CA/OR/WA and this seemed like a good route. I just don’t know if I’m wasting my time or if this will be beneficial for me.

2 Likes

Hey Good Morning O’s Fan! :wink:
The way I look at it is this way. Don’t ever live with regrets. Sometimes for many of us it’s just good to pick up our bags and go and never look back. I think it would be a great idea…I am in the similar boat as yourself. I’m also from Maryland btw lol

1 Like

You’re one of the few that actually read it as O’s fan. I get asked a lot if I’m a fan of Ozzy. I am hoping to improve myself and my knowledge base over the next couple years while I’m saving up money so I can pick up and start fresh somewhere. What’s your situation?

I work for the Maryland Judiciary in the IT Department out in Annapolis. I have been doing IT work since I was 18 and I’m now 24. It no longer stimulates my brain and somewhere along the lines I found a passion for coding.

Oooooooooooo’s!

I know what you mean about IT work vs coding. You end up automating so many things with PowerShell or VBA that you start thinking “hey, why am I doing this in such ugly languages? Let’s look at the other side of the house…”

I’m an existing Systems/networking administrator ooking for a change of focus and also moved to Washington from the East Coast (usa) because I love it so much in Washington and Oregon too, so I identify with you a lot.