In search of a mentor (or many mentors!)

Hi all! I’m looking for a technical shepherd that can hit to all fields.

My project is for personal use, not for business. I’m keeping accounts for a group of about 25 Boy Scouts. I need to maintain various transactions: assess dues, charge for camping fees, credit accounts for funds received. Once a month or so I need to send out account statements. I’m the only user, i.e. I don’t need the parents to be able to login and see their stuff. For the sake of simplicity, they can wait for me to get back to them. :slight_smile:

My current solution is an MS Access database with 3 simple tables and two reports. It works. But it’s a little painful, and I’d love to use this as a learning opportunity.

My account statement report is a single PDF, ~25 pages. I have to manually chunk it to single page files, and manually e-mail them to appropriate parties. How can I do better here?

The MS Access database lives on a PC in my house. What platform would I use to make this more accessible, i.e. able to be accessed from my phone or from a browser? Is there a google docs solution that might make more sense? Maybe mySQL?

So, as you can see this is very broad and open ended. Is there a better spot for me to post a “question” like this?

Thanks in advanced for any support and encouragement.

-MJL