Introduction to responsive web design project

please i need assistance am a bit confused on how to start . how do i begin my project.
thanks

if you want to use the suggested editor, which is CodePen, you need first a CodePen account, then open the pen where ti say “fork this pen”, and fork it (bottom right corner) so that it is copied to your account, and you can work and save your project in your account. There is a script tag in the pen you fork, that is the test suite, do not delete it.

In CodePen you write what you would put in the body tags inside the HTML box, the stuff in style tags in the CSS box, and stuff you would put in the head tags, like title, or metadata goes in the pen options, there is a box anmed "stuff for the head"

okay…

Hi there,

I thought I rather resurrected an old post than creating one of my own. Hope it’s the proper approach :wink: Anyways, thing is that I just finished the first Web Design project with a tribute to my favorite writer (Charles Bukowski) and I’ve done as it follows:

1. Work locally using VSCode.
  2. Using Git, I uploaded it up to a GitHub repo of mine.
  3. I learned how to upload it to my own site thru my Plesk control panel – which has been an awesome learning for me today, btw.
  4. Finally, then I have it uploaded at my site (well, to a subdomain, anyways).

Thing is that I can’t fully understand the text that can be found within the project description and that reads:

You can build your project by forking this CodePen pen. Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like: https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js.

I’ve set up that link within my HTML code with a script tag within the <head> of my document, such as:

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

So basically, the question would be if I can just send the link to my project as uploaded to my site as the solution link that the project requests. And, furthermore, if I can share the link to that project within my site here at the forum, since I didn’t intend to create a CodePen account at the moment.

Thank you in advance for whichever your help may be!

Cheers! :heart:

Yes and Yes. Look forward to seeing your project. Make sure to post the link to the Project Feedback subgroup (if indeed you are seeking feedback).

@bbsmooth

Awesome! Thanks so much for such a swift answer. I want to go over the last media query (320px) before I do so since I know that it still needs a bit of work – and I want to upload it as perfect as I can :slight_smile:

Thanks a real bunch! :heart::heart::heart:

@ibaifernandez, it would have been better to open your own topic rather than resurrect a necro-topic that has been asked and answered.

Since the test script is JS and needs to load after the page loads it will not work when placed in the head element. It needs to be before the closing body tag.

If your site shows a live version of the project, then yes.

1 Like

Dear @Roma ,

Good to know. Won’t ever forget :muscle:

Excellent :slight_smile: Won’t forget either :slight_smile:

Thanks! So it does, and so I did :slight_smile: Let’s see the results :heart:

Cheers!

do you see the test suite in your site and are able to test your project?

I think you need to put it just before the </body> tag to be able to use the test suite

but for everything else, yes
though you also need to add a link in the project to the github repository so that your code can be seen

1 Like

Thanks, @ilenia!

Yep! So I’ve been told and so I will do shortly. I just woke up in my part of the world and I need two mugs of coffee — at least! — before I sit down to keep on learning :muscle:

That I’ve also been told and I will proceed to do so from now on :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for all of your help and hospitality :slight_smile: Awesome community :heart:

I’ve posted my project on this other thread, but @Roma’s already told me which things I should fix, so I am gonna go for it just in a bit an share the results there :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot again!

Cheers!