Is 32 too late to be getting into web dev

Hello do you think 32 is too late?
I can build a very basic site using limited HTML/css, such as a tribute page.

How long do you think it would take , studying part time around 1-2 hours a day.
Any tips appreciated.
Thank you

2 Likes

Hey there and welcome! I got my first full-time web dev job at 35, so hopefully that answers that first question :slightly_smiling_face:

It took me a long time to get job-ready, since when I started learning I was working an unfulfilling full-time job, going to night school for a completely unrelated field, and we had just had our first baby. I studied in the late-nights and early mornings (and sometimes at my unfulfilling day job), took breaks when other life stuff got priority, came back when I could. It took quite a while, but now I’m happily and gainfully employed, doing work I believe in.

TLDR Go for it! This community is an unbelievably rich resource, take as much advantage as you can. Good luck and happy coding.

7 Likes

Give it the time you want, if it’s something your truly interested in you’ll accomplish it at whatever age.
You got this :v:t2:

Hey there,

1 or 2 hours doesn’t matter. Its the interest and focus you put in it matters. Coming to your point, in my opinion, at around 30 to 40 days you will get to know the results.

And there is no age limitation. do you believe my professor who had 2 school going kids turned into a dev at the age of 39? You got this! go for it!!!