Is it just my browser or is it the challenges?

• So, I knew jQuery already, but I wanted to go through the challenge one by one to see if there is something I missed when I learned it the first time.

• But every time I tried to run the tests, it always says that it is wrong, even though I know my code is right.

• And to fix that I have to literally delete the code I wrote and REWRITE it until the test says that I got it right.

• Is this just because of my Browser? Because I’m pretty sure I’m using a browser that is supported. Or is it just the test regex?

• My Current Browser: Chromium Edge 81 on Windows 10

• The problem was fine at the start, but eventually it starts to get annoying, when you know that your code is right but the challenge says its wrong and that I have to rewrite the EXACT SAME code again until the challenge says that its right.

I wrote the code in an editor and paste them all in the browser at once, thus avoid some test issue.

1 Like

So, I should write the code into a code editor first, and then paste them into the FCC editor?

1: I can’t tell if your code is either faultive since you haven’t post it or a link to the challenge. Maybe you had a spelling error and the second time you did rewrite it did’t make it. Your human after all.
2: That being said.
Try to use incognito mode. To avoid any apps that might intervene with the test.
3: Turn of black mode

Yeah, sometimes I got it wrong, but here’s an example:

The code is correct, but the challenge says that it is wrong.

Hello there.

Please note: The recommended browser for completing the curriculum is the latest stable release of Chrome.

Mind posting your code instead of a screenshot
and a link to the challenge?

Here’s The Code:

<script>
  $(document).ready(function() {
    $("#target1").css("color", "red");
    $("#target1").prop("disabled", true);
    $("#target3").remove();
  });
</script>

<!-- Only change code above this line. -->

<div class="container-fluid">
  <h3 class="text-primary text-center">jQuery Playground</h3>
  <div class="row">
    <div class="col-xs-6">
      <h4>#left-well</h4>
      <div class="well" id="left-well">
        <button class="btn btn-default target" id="target1">#target1</button>
        <button class="btn btn-default target" id="target2">#target2</button>
        <button class="btn btn-default target" id="target3">#target3</button>
      </div>
    </div>
    <div class="col-xs-6">
      <h4>#right-well</h4>
      <div class="well" id="right-well">
        <button class="btn btn-default target" id="target4">#target4</button>
        <button class="btn btn-default target" id="target5">#target5</button>
        <button class="btn btn-default target" id="target6">#target6</button>
      </div>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

And link to the challenge:

With regards to this code in the screenshot. You are asked to remove target4. You are removing target3.

Hope this helps

So far, all of the issues are with your code.

You are asked to give all the elements with the class well a class of animated shake.

Ok, the problem might seems to be one of my extensions, Grepper. Thanks for that, I’m sorry if I have made this discussion really long…

i just noticed the same problem on my own browser as well

how did you correct it?/

• the problem might be your browser’s extensions that have access to the FCC site.
    Try disabling some extensions. If the problem still persists, you can try to use a different browser.