Issue on Relational Databases Course

Hello,

I don’t know if it’s the correct place to mention this issue but there’s a minor issue on “Learn Relational Databases by Building a Mario Database” when I try to type " \ " , it is not displayed on the terminal. I can complete the challenges only copy-pasting the " \ " character. I tried restarting stuff, but it did not work.

I tried to find the relevant script (in order to fix it) on the freeCodeCamp’s GitHub repo, but couldn’t find it :confused:

I cannot reproduce this @zonxaj - is there anything unusual about your keyboard or settings or anything else that you think might be causing this? Perhaps the browser is overriding your keypress, you could try another browser. Can you type that character elsewhere using that browser?

I feel like I have seen a post about this before, but cannot find anything.

You are trying to run the course using GitPod, correct?

I tried to use Google Chrome and Safari, the issue continues. I can type the ’ \ ’ character anywhere in the browser, except the GitPod terminal.

I found a number of posts with similar reports @zonxaj:

The consensus seems to be that it has something to do with the keyboard.

Switch to using an English United States language keyboard and the backslash will work. Is one of the accepted solutions. Are you using a non-English keyboard or anything like that? If so, I would give that a try and let us know if it worked.

My keyboard layout is Turkish. I changed to US and tried, I still can’t type characters " \ $ | " etc :confused: